Photos from WSARC Sponsored Exam on September 13, 2020
Five people took the FCC Amateur Radio Service License Exam provided by West Seattle Amateur Radio Club.
Three exam levels were provided: Technician (for new hams), General, and Extra (for existing hams)
Three new hams passed the Technician exam, one ham moved up from Technician to General, and one ham moved up from General to Extra.
The exam was held with a two-week lead time and under adverse conditions caused by COVID-19 and high levels of smoke from wildfires. The test was planned for outdoors but was moved indoors to avoid the smoke hazard and was held with safe distancing and COVID-19 precautions. As each participant signed in, their temperatures were taken with a forehead infra-red thermometer to verify they had normal temperatures. Masks were worn by everyone. Hand sanitizer and wipes were plentiful. Five Volunteer Examiners VE, (with Dave AA7XX as liaison with the VE Coordinator VEC) supervised the exam according to ARRL guidelines.
Click any image to start slide show:
Testing facility was provided by
Beckwith and Kuffel
1313 S 96th St, Seattle, WA 98108
Just off of highway 99 | See GMap
- Alan W7ZYX (VE), exam publicity; WSARC Treasurer.
- Bill N6NBN (VE)
- Brian KG7WRK assisted with setup, cleaning, and monitoring; Photos; WSARC President.
- Dave AA7XX (VE), VEC liaison and event coordinator; Photos; WSARC Training Officer.
- Jim WS7JIM Venue sponsor; WSARC board member position 3.
- John KI7YRA arranged online registration and website info; Media Committee Chair.
- Mei KI7TZA assisted with setup, cleaning and monitoring; WSARC board member position 2.
- Ryan NN7M (VE)
- Tom N7OEP (VE); W7AW License Trustee.
Photos from WSARC Technician Class, Nov. 2018
19 students attended over two weekends in November, which is a new format for the WSARC classes. This expanded format allowed for more lecture and comprehension background, as well as for longer review sessions. 18 of the 19 students passed the Technician level and then 3 went on to pass at the General level, congratulations to all of them. Concurrent with the second weekend, there was a General class, taught by our American Red Cross Host David Okrent. He had a full class as well. Thanks go to the instructors and VE’s who helped put on this class and testing session.
WSARC Technician Class, Nov 2018
WSARC Technician Class, Jan 2018