The WSARC is organized for charitable, educational and scientific purposes:
- To provide volunteer amateur radio communication services to government agencies and the general public in times of emergency.
- To provide community, state and nation with volunteer amateur radio communication services in support of charitable agencies.
- To promote amateur radio related educational programs at schools an universities.
- To promote programs that develop and improve the skills of licensed amateur radio operators.
- To promote the development of new technology and scientific discoveries by supporting and encouraging research and technological innovation in the application of amateur radio.
WSARC is a tax-exempt 501(3)(c) organization effective January 2013 and as such, charitable monetary and equipment donations are tax deductible.
West Seattle Amateur Radio Club