WSARC is using Google’s G Suite as a method of communication, group discussions and file sharing. Paid members of WSARC will receive a WSARC email address and access to these functions.
Once you receive your club email account, follow these instructions:
1. Log into your WSARC email account to access the G Suite Application (besides email and Groups, G Suite also offers: document sharing for text, spreadsheets, slides, and forms; calendar; chat; and video conferencing).
2. Click on the Google Apps icon (3 x 3 box of small squares) in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
3. Click on “More” icon at the bottom of the list of apps, so the “Groups” icon appears.
4. Double click on the “Groups” icon and select “My groups.”
The screen will display the following info: My groups Browse all
All of your discussions in one place
– Organize with favorites and folders, choose to follow along via email, and quickly find unread posts.
– Use rich-text editing to customize your posts with fonts, colors, and images.
People power discussions
– Use photos, nicknames, and automatic translations to share your thoughts with the world.
– Keyboard shortcuts and a streamlined design mean you won’t spend time waiting to read and get involved. Press “?” to see the full list of shortcuts.
– Access Groups from anywhere using your mobile device with our optimized site.
5. When you are on My groups in https://groups.google.com/a/westseattlearc.org/ you need to join each group you want to participate in and select the option to either send you a daily summary of postings or to get each posting as it appears.
With the exception of Members, the groups are optional, you do not automatically belong to them.
The screen will display the following info:
All Things Digital
Discussion on digital modes and hardware.
Board of Directors
Private discussion for current board of directors
List for informing the club about recurring and individual events.
Group for those new to amateur radio where questions can be answered by more experienced operators. We have an Elmer breakfast every First Saturday at 8:00am located at Great American Diner & Bar at the Alaska Junction.
List for sharing information about gear to donate, loan, or borrow.
Email List Group that includes all Members of WSARC
News for Members/Non-Paid Members
News from WSARC to members and non-members wishing to get updates from WSARC.
Discussion forum for Winlink